Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Slacky McSlackster

Sorry - I'm having blog-o-phobia lately. (Well, not really phobia - I'm just INSANELY busy and haven't been able to sit down and post.)



Here's the quick run-down of what's been going on. Friday night was movie night. I ate with the kiddies, popped in a movie for Coley, and Carsie and I sewed up a cutie Spring Ruffle Top from the tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew! from Made by Rae - I promise to take a picture at some point. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!!! Saturday morning we got up early, ate some oatmeal, and headed to the ball park for Cole's 10am ball game!!! He got a trophy and everything. Too too cute.

Mema (kids' grandmother) came from Alabama and took them to the mall for some lunch and playtime while I.....wait for it.... **I WENT TO THE GROCERY STORE....ALONE!!!** Fun, fun. I ran back and picked the kids up at the park - where they presented me with some lovely finds from the Mall for Mother's Day....too sweet.

We headed home and got ready for our friend Tricia's graduation party!!! The kids were definitely the hit of the party - pictures to follow. Our new babysitter friend, Miss Caroline (who is an Auburn student and home in Rome for the summer) came to play while Mommy went and watched the Hawks game with The Boyfriend.

Sunday was MOTHER'S DAY!!! And so fun...we went to Church - Kiddos wanted to sit in "big church" rather than go to Children's Church, and I was doing the scripture readings/lectoring - so I was nervous, but they were little angels, I have to say. Thank you, Jesus. Then we went to Panera Bread for Mother's Day late breakfast, the craft store for some little picture frames to color for the grandmas and Aunt Casey (and Cousin Jamie for her birthday!) and then to the Bookstore, where we each chose a new thing to read. Carsie got a "flip-the-flap" book and Cole got a "Step Into Reading" book about "Babe Ruth Saves Baseball" (awesome) and I got a strange novel about the Malazan Empire...which is turning out to be somewhat entertaining, but I am struggling - I think that has more to do with my own distractions than the book itself.

After that, we headed home, feverishly finished the Mother's Day presents (little note-holders!!!) and went to Walgreens to pick up the photos we had printed and headed to Grandmomma's (my mom's) for a lovely family evening where the kids played outside, we had banana pudding, HoneyBaked Ham and potato salad...and it was just all around a great day.

Carson's Spring Ballet Recital is Saturday! Then lunch with the folks and the kiddos are going with Daddy. It's only Wednesday, but I'm ready for the weekend! I will eventually get around to putting up pictures of some other things here - maybe tomorrow.

Have a great Hump Day folks.

2 comments:

  1. Busy all around here too. Happy post hump day plus Friday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright. Enough is enough. It has been ONE ENTIRE MONTH!

    Get at it JJ!

    ReplyDelete