Friday, February 13, 2009

NEWS FLASH

I now have TV and internet at home. If I fall off the face of the earth for a while, please do not put out a missing persons report, I am probably just sucked into WifeSwap or something equally atrocious and mind-numbing...though I am SO looking forward to SportsCenter. I was having SERIOUS withdrawals back during football season, and just couldn't stick it out through baseball season, too - I mean, I can only look up so much Michael Phelps and A-Rod juice online, ya know? I need tickers at the bottom. Woo hoo for ESPN. (Oh, and miracle of miracles, I have ShoTime, too...wow.) ***and for those holding their breath - I got the TV at Sam's - 26" flat screen HDTV. No built in DVD...***

And, P.S., tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I am not a big supporter of faked romance or pressure to have a date (though I have one, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, because it's nice to have a Valentine...) BUT - I AM a huge supporter of telling the people that you love how important they are in your life.

Family - you are my everything. You are "that from whence I came"...Thank you.
Friends - my adopted family, you are the icing on the cake. Thank you.
And most of all, I love myself, even though I'm a goofball and retarded some days. I love myself even when I give in and let the children watch 5 television shows in a row instead of the intended 2...and when I pretend I didn't see the 4 or 9 chocolate hearts they snuck (which happened to be sitting right by my side...because I may have been sneaking them myself.)...and I pretended even more not to know how late it was (9pm) when they were allegedly sneaking such hearts. I love myself even though I noticed a blaring grammatical error (be still my heart!) that ***I*** made in a brief I filed a month ago...I love that I try hard every day to just do my best. And my best is as good as it gets. So, even if I didn't have a Valentine this year (which, did I mention, I do have a Valentine?), I'd be happy. I have love all around.

Hey. It's Valentine's Day. Share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment