Sunday, April 5, 2009

Don't be jealous...

but look what arrived in the mailbox yesterday!!! Yep - what you're seeing is 26 GORGEOUS fat quarters -yum yum yum. I haven't ordered any fat quarters in a little while because, well, I've been on fabric purchase restriction for the last, well, the last year, frankly, and I've been requiring myself to just go through my stash and find things that work. And, it's working. I've used up a fair bit - including almost ALL of my fat quarters!!! Fat quarters are basically 1/4 yard of fabric, but it's 18x22 instead of 9 x 44. You can get bigger squares, etc., out of it (even though it's the same square-inches total) because it's wider, make sense?

Anyway - I gotta figure out what to DO with these!!! I'm thinking DEFINITELY more of the little note-folios like the one I prototyped below. (Tutorial to come, I promise, for you folks that want to replicate...you'll need 2 fat quarters, a 9.5 x 12.5 piece of batting, or fusible fleece, and a scrap of muslin the same size. A ponytail holder or piece of ribbon, and a button. That's it.)

So, my other excitement for the day - is as follows:
1. I had a great lazy weekend. I mean, I did get a ton of laundry done (miraculously), and I actually completed my grocery shopping trip (I go once every 2 weeks.) AND I came in under budget - $120!!! (my budget is $150 every two weeks, which I usually go over by about $15 - but I DID buy dog food and Easter basket stuff at Wal-Mart yesterday...so adding that in, I was right @ budget...ah, well.)

2. TONIGHT IS THE BEGINNING OF BASEBALL SEASON. I can't tell you what a relief I feel about this turn-of-season. Tomorrow is the championship for college basketball, and the rest of the week, I'm able to watch baseball. Glorious, slow-paced baseball. Ahhhhh....

I think one of the things I love about THIS baseball season is that I got divorced during baseball season, so the return of baseball season this time means it's been a year. It's like a benchmark or something. I mean, I hate that I got divorced, and it's definitely not an ideal situation, and my ex and I get along fine, really - we're both great parents, but something about the one-year mark makes me feel more at peace. I have no idea why. I'm just rambling now, so ignore, please.

For now, I'm off to fold and put away the laundry and figure out something to do with my yummy fat quarters for now. Then I'll head to get the kiddos in a couple hours and back hopefully around the 2nd inning of Braves @ Phillies - I need to check out this Japanese pitcher Kawakami and Derek Lowe (who we paid a pretty penny to get) and of course, my personal favorite and underdog of pitchers - Javy Lopez...

I'm out. Have a happy week.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh lala fat quarter love. Is there anything better than when those packages arrive in the mail?!

    Enjoy your new treasures. Can't wait to see your tutorial on the notebook thingy!

    ReplyDelete