Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Midweek Migraine

I am on day 3 of an increasingly annoying headache. Lots of advil, tylenol, coffee, water - and yes, I've eaten...(I like to eat, y'all know that!)...thinking may be sinus headache, after all. It's really weird.

Anyway - today I have NO plans after work. For once, right? No ballet, no tennis, no meetings...just going home to make pasta (mmmm, tortellini) and chill with my short people while we catch up on some laundry.

Here's the story for the weekend - there's are two great events planned for this SPOOKY time of year! "Where Romans Rest" and "Haunted on Broad"...

Here's the description from the City of Rome website (http://www.romegeorgia.com/):
Discover a different side of Georgia’s Rome on Saturday, October 18 with two tours: “Where Romans Rest”, a guided tour of Myrtle Hill Cemetery, and “Haunted on Broad”, Rome’s haunted history and ghost lore.
• Where Romans RestDocents will guide guests through the winding paths of Myrtle Hill Cemetery, stopping along the way as “grave hosts” tell the story of those buried within the gates. Please note: this tour is a moderate to strenuous walk with steps and slopes involved. Tours depart at 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, & 11:30am from the gates of Myrtle Hill Cemetery on Myrtle Street. Cost: $8 adult, $5 children (12 and under).
• Haunted on Broad Docents will guide guests along the streets of Rome’s Between the Rivers Historic District. Along the way, Rome’s haunted history and ghost lore will come alive as told by the Seven Hills Tellers and guest tellers. Please note: this tour is a moderate to strenuous walk with hills and uneven pavement. Route is not conducive for wheelchairs or strollers. Stories are not intended for a young audience. Tours depart from the Midtown Transit Station on East 1st Street at 7:30 and 8:30pm. Cost: $8 adult, $5 children (12 and under).
Tickets for “Where Romans Rest” and “Haunted on Broad” are available at the Rome Visitor Center, 402 Civic Center Drive, across from Applebee’s. For more information, call 706/295-5576 or visit http://www.romegeorgia.org/.

Also - Rome Little Theater's presentation of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opens this weekend at RLT and plays this weekend and next at the historic DeSoto Theater: http://romelittletheatre.com/
If you are in Rome next weekend (because I can't make it this weekend) and would like to see this, I'm looking for folks that want to go - I think it will be a really good show!

Good times, right here in River City!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, next you will be the weekend update girl on rome radio! Great advertizing!!! Wish I was a Roman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Romega. It is HOME, in a sense I've never felt before. I guess it took leaving and coming back for it to really hit me, though. I wish you were a Roman, too. Someday, maybe - but I'm thinking right now you're going to be an Albanian instead.

    ReplyDelete