Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yowza,,,

So. My little boy. (And, he IS little - he's only 4) took a dive on the sidewalk and skint up his face. We're talking road rash on the whole left side of his face. Busted lip, swollen eye, and a possible broken tooth or two. He looks like he was in a really rough bar fight, or a killer motorcycle accident...but it was just a tumble on the cement. Ugh.

It looks way way way better than it did Sunday (when it happened) but it's still causing sleep issues - which means I'm on day 3 of very very very little sleep. So, I apologize for my lack of funnies today. Nothing is much funny after the first 36 hours of no sleep.

I will say, I had a lovely impromptu dinner party at my house last night. 3 lovely friends made it over for some chili (well, the Kikki doesn't eat critters, so she had pita bread & hummus, close second to chili...). They even brought me a couple longnecks, which I enjoyed - and I have to say that on a Monday night after worrying about my skint-up preschooler, those two cold ones were well-deserved, and much needed & appreciated.

So, it's ballet-Tuesday. I forgot the necessary ballet accoutrements (I'm pretty sure I spelled that improperly. Forgiveness, please. At least I said it in my head with that fun French accent ;) )...I'll head home in just a little bit to get that stuff. The boy and I will have a cookie at Honeymoon bakery while Carsie is twirling - and I'll try to talk them into Schroeder's (and out of Jefferson's) afterwards. Then we'll walk back down Broad Street and throw pennies in the fountain before heading home. Because, this is Tuesday, and this is my simple small life. This is what we do on Tuesdays. I love my life.

Please entertain me today. Even if you're randomly here and I don't know you - I'd appreciate it if you can answer my questions. I really like hearing from y'all. And whomever visited from Bhilwara, Rajasthan - that's a lot of fun, and I'm terrible at geography - but I'd like to know who you are.

So, for fun - here are some questions - I'll answer them, too.

1) Name some pet peeves.

2) What is your favorite thing to make for dinner parties? Or potluck? Or the Superbowl? Whatever works...

3) How do you kick a good killer headache in the tail-end? (This is of particular interest to me at the very moment...)

4) What was your best Halloween costume ever?

5 comments:

  1. 1) Name some pet peeves.
    Sheet stealers, bad grammar in "professional" publications, mean people, cheaters.

    2) What is your favorite thing to make for dinner parties? Or potluck? Or the Superbowl? Whatever works...
    dinner parties - creamy spinach tortellini
    potluck - chili or chicken casserole
    Superbowl - crockpot chicken tacos & touchdown taco dip

    3) How do you kick a good killer headache in the tail-end? (This is of particular interest to me at the very moment...)
    Usually a bottle of water and/or a cup of coffee, but today I've taken the limit of advil & tylenol (plus the coffee/water) and it's still there...ugh.

    4) What was your best Halloween costume ever?
    Once I was the Queen of Hearts (like the card), but this year C & C want to be Thing 1 & Thing 2 and they want me to be the Cat in the Hat. I'm thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JJ! Lurking here, good to see you! I'll play along--

    1) Name some pet peeves. Talking with a full mouth, people being late, bad grammmar (i.e. ya'll instead of y'all!)

    2) What is your favorite thing to make for dinner parties? Or potluck? Or the Superbowl? Whatever works...
    I don't have a standard fare--if we're having lots of people over we usually do burgers on the grill since that's easy. Or my husband's famous grilled chicken. He does this great marinade that makes the juiciest chicken!

    3) How do you kick a good killer headache in the tail-end? (This is of particular interest to me at the very moment...)
    Remarkably I don't get many headaches, so usually a couple of Tylenol and some down time knocks it out.

    4) What was your best Halloween costume ever?
    Not the best, but the most memorable for me was the year I dressed as a "punk rocker" but in hindsight I really looked like a hooker. Think fish net hose and a mini skirt. Why did my mom let me go out like that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pet peeves: socks on the floor, fakeness, people who don't smile or look you in the eye as you pass...really, is it *that* hard?

    To Make: usually dessert of some type: coconut cake, brownies, but I've discovered the beauty of the crockpot lately and love making peanut ginger soup or taco soup.

    Headache: Advil, last week it took 4 to kick my weird head-pounding one. For normal headaches Coke (the drink, not the powder) usually does the trick.

    Costume: I've never been anything really good...well actually my dad had this really cool old lady costume I borrowed for a few years and that was fun. It was creepy in a wow, you look weird kind of way. As a child I always had to wear my dance recital costume from the previous year, not fun. My mom insisted on me getting some more use out of those $100 costumes, sometimes I had to explain to people what I was. So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Name some pet peeves.
    Fake ivy planted in the ground. Come on, it's REALLY easy to grow actual ivy.

    2) What is your favorite thing to make for dinner parties? Or potluck? Or the Superbowl? Whatever works...
    Artichoke dip is my standard thing. I don't have to look up the recipe.

    3) How do you kick a good killer headache in the tail-end? (This is of particular interest to me at the very moment...)
    Excedrin is what does it for me. Sometimes some extra water or caffeine. If that doesn't kick it, and it's really bad, I just have to take a nap.

    4) What was your best Halloween costume ever?
    Well my favorite costume was Princess Shamalamadingdong. I wore a size 28 teal bridesmaids dress, a tiara, combat boots and sharpie markings all over me. I was insane. It was fun. For me at least. Last year I was the Crazy Cat Lady and I got a lot of compliments. But it wasn't as quite as fun as Princess Shamalamadingdong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Pet peeves.
    People who leave their blinkers on.
    People who can't drive and talk on the phone. People who are just angry all the time. People who won't smile back at you when you smile and say hello.

    2. What do I make for potlucks...California Cole Slaw,mmm or spinich dip.

    3. Killer headaches. caffine, or just sleep.

    4. Best halloween costume has to be the time(s) ( as an adult) I was Alice in wonderland. my nan made me the cutest real blue gingham dress (with a peterpan colar and white rabbit buttons) with a full skirt and a filly white apron on top. white tights and black mary janes, and a black headband...awesome! Wish I still had it. or could still fit in it!!!
    3.

    ReplyDelete