Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Review

EDITED TO ADD - I have accomplished my luxury (see questions) - Yolanda will be at my house on Friday. WOO HOO!

Right. So - which genius thought up giving large quantities of candy to small children who dress up and say "Trick-or-Treat" right before bedtime on a fall night? Yeah, well whoever that guy was (and clearly it was a man, not a mom), that guy was obviously smoking crack. Suffice it to say that Optimus Prime and Hannah Montana had a very productive trick-or-treat session thanks to the local businesses downtown. By the way, Double Bubble - also thought up by some crack-smoking genius. My children can't WAIT to be 5 and a half because that's the randomly chosen appropriate age that people in my house are allowed to chew gum. Carson, however, is convinced that she's already 13 (she's 3...) and can have whatever she wants. I'm pretty sure there is no more Double Bubble in her hair, but Bella - well, Bella may be trying to get it out of her ears for a while...poor dog.

Thanks to the mass quantities of candy, I have had to reinstitute the "lock-on-the-snack-cabinet" philosophy. See, you need no lock on the snack cabinet, even with small children who like to nick snacks, when said snack cabinet is bare. I've solved the problem of over-snacking in children. Just don't go to the grocery store! Works like a charm. Nothing to eat = no eating. HA! We're making a quick trip to the Kroger tonight, though - we're out of milk and bread and *gasp* paper towels...preschoolers + no paper towels = anarchy.

I have a huge trial calendar to work on this week. Lots of felony trials for which to prepare. I am forewarning you, faithful readers (all 3 of you ;) that there may not be a lot of posts after tomorrow because I'll be busy and in court...but I love you!

Questions of the Day:
1. What is your biggest regret in life?

2. Do you get a flu shot every year?

3. If you could have one luxury today what would it be?

4. How long is your morning commute? (Including any stops, etc.)

4 comments:

  1. 1. What is your biggest regret in life?
    Toughie. I don't think I have one, because I feel like regretting is a waste of time - but I want to know what other people regret?

    2. Do you get a flu shot every year?
    Nope. I got one once. I also got the flu that year.

    3. If you could have one luxury today what would it be?
    Yolanda - house cleaner extraordinaire.
    (I am seriously thinking of phoning her for real, though. I just got paid...)

    4. How long is your morning commute? (Including any stops, etc.)
    We leave at 7:30. 2 or 3 days a week we stop at the BP for coffee and/or pop-tarts. It takes me about 17-20 minutes to get to Berry (I think it's 12 miles?). I spend about 10-15 minutes dropping everyone off and signing them in, etc. and then another 10-12 to get to my office. Total? Around 45 minutes. I'm usually at the office between 8:30 and 8:45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. What is your biggest regret in life?

    Ummm... I don't think I have a specific thing that I'm regretful about... just in general I regret not being a more assertive person...

    2. Do you get a flu shot every year?

    We're not big fans of vaccinations... especially ones that are generally kind of convienences...

    3. If you could have one luxury today what would it be?

    A new bigger house...

    4. How long is your morning commute? (Including any stops, etc.)

    About 15 min... In the next month or so my office is going to move and it'll be longer... *grumble*grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. What is your biggest regret in life?
    None, I try not to have any.

    2. Do you get a flu shot every year?
    No, I got it the year I taught 1st grade but typically I just don't like vaccinations.

    3. If you could have one luxury today what would it be? I'm stealing your idea of a housekeeper. I just get so tired of sweeping up dog hair!

    4. How long is your morning commute? (Including any stops, etc.)
    About 7 minutes, 5 if I speed and don't catch the *one* red light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. biggest regret
    NOt finding a good guy when I was younger
    2. flu shot - yep , my Dr insists
    3. Today's luxury - ride in convertible in this gorgeous weather - would like to keep it too!
    4. Morning commute - I'm very lucky - between 12- 20 mins depending ntraffic. Today I woke at 8 - I start work at 8. Today I started work at 8.30 - yes i was clean and dressed etc but not really awake ...
    Julie

    ReplyDelete